Aerodynamic performance, a low weight and the elevated braking power of the Exalith 2 brake track make the Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith Wheelset 2017 a great choice for riders looking to elevate their performance.
With a 45mm deep NACA airfoil profile, this wheelset offers low drag in any condition. The 45mm depth profile also adds versatility to this wheelset, meaning that it can be used for anything from hilly routes to fast and flat circuits.
Aerodynamic efficiency is further boosted by the integration of 25mm width tyres with the 25mm external rim width. This gives the wheelset less drag and more responsive steering in crosswinds.
The 17mm rim width also helps to increase the air capacity of the tyres, which has several advantages. Firstly, it creates a more comfortable riding experience by smoothening out road vibration and impact without sacrificing feel. Secondly, it improves rolling efficiency and traction, especially when cornering, by distributing the contact area of the tyre over a wider surface area.
Mavic's Exalith 2 brake track claims to shorten braking distances by 18% in both wet and dry conditions when compared to its competitors. It also reduces rim wear, giving the rim that extra longevity and a full black look that lasts for thousands of kilometres.
The Instant Drive 360 freewheel is 9/10/11-speed compatible and is ready for use with SRAM or Shimano cassettes. Campagnolo cassettes can be used with the freewheel adaptor (sold separately). The Instant Drive 360 freewheel engages at 9° increments, which reduces the amount of power you waste pushing the pedal before the freewheel is engaged.
Mavic's Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher (front) and PowerLink Clincher (rear) Tyres increase comfort, rolling efficiency and grip with a supple 127 TPI construction. A durable kevlar breaker on the front and a polyamide breaker on the rear also enhance puncture protection.
Mavic's ISM 4D rim technology reduces the wheelset's weight and inertia without compromising durability with an internal spoke milling across four dimensions. This technology reduces weight while also creating a smooth rim profile that helps to reduce drag. The rim's asymmetrical design offsets the strain and force of disc braking while also balancing the wheel for an elevated level of control.
- Tyre casing: 127 TPI
- Front and rear tyre tread: Single compound
- Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher (front) & PowerLink Clincher (rear) Tyres
- Dimension: 35-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI
- Usage: Road
- For greater longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels does not exceed 120kg, bike included
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM or Campagnolo, convertible to XD-R with optional driver body
- Front and rear axle quick release only
- Rim weight reduction: ISM
- Depth: 45mm, asymmetrical
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Rim material: Maxtal and 12K carbon fibre
- Rim joint: SUP
- Tyre: Clincher
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Exalith 2 brake track
- Internal rim width: 17 mm
- Spoke material: Steel
- Spoke count: 24 front and rear
- Nipples: Aluminum, ABS
- Spoke lacing: Front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Spoke shape: Straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Weight: Pair - 1650g, front - 735g, rear - 915g
- 2 x Exalith brake pads pairs
- Multifunction adjustment wrenchUser guide
- 2 x Rim tape
- 2 x BR301 quick releases
- Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher 25mm (front) & PowerLink Clincher 25mm (rear) Tyres
- 2 x Mavic Butyl inner tube 48mm Presta