2022 Cervelo Aspero Shimano GRX 600 Disc Gravel Bike
A new breed of rider is emerging—one who loves the freedom and exploration that gravel culture was founded upon but who has a hunger to ride hard, to go all out, and to explore not just geography but personal limits. This frontier requires a new kind of gravel machine, one engineered not to roam the trails, but to race them.
For these athletes, we engineered Áspero for pure, unapologetic speed, ready to take down finish lines, KOMs, PRs, and FKTs. A bike built without limits, for the riders looking to test them. It’s stiff—Classics-racing stiff—and performs like you’d want a road bike to perform off-road. We think that makes sense, and it’s what we were trying to do when we were stuffing bigger tires into our existing frames and swapping in aftermarket forks to get a 40mm tire up front.
The flip-chip in the fork—we call it the Trail Mixer—keeps the trail measurement consistent whether you choose 700c or 650b tires. This maintains the bike’s personality and handling characteristics when you switch from mid-fats to full-fat. There are as many different ways to do gravel as there are gravel bikes these days, but if you’re toeing the start line, looking to stay with the lead group, and contend for the victory, Áspero is the bike to get you there.
Alexrims Boondocks-7D wheels use their sturdy alloy rims and robust build to counter any off-road obstacle with consummate ease. The Shimano GRX 600 11-speed gear setup changes crisply and provides a broad range of ratios for all topography while stopping duties are enlisted to the super-reliable hydraulic disc brake configuration.
- A gravel bike designed for pure speed and for the rider who is as keen on exploring the wild as they are their own physical limits
- The full carbon frame has World Tour road racing stiffness, low weight and aerodynamically tweaked tube profiles
- The frame and fork accept 700c wheels with up to 42mm tyres or 650b wheels with up to 49mm tyres
- Balanced geometry can be tweaked by the Trail Mixer fork tab that refines the handling depending on the wheels size being used and the terrain
- Alexrims Boondocks-7D wheels are robust and reliable
- Shimano GRX 600 gears are accurate and dependable
- Shimano GRX RX600 hydraulic disc brakes are powerful and modulated
All bikes when purchased come with a free set up, custom bike fit with our Body Scanning CRM laser fitting module & a free service when collected in-store. For more information on deciding the best fit if you cannot make it to our retail outlet then please use the following Bike Sizing Guide.