2021 Cervelo S5 SRAM Red eTap AXS Disc Road Bike
Boasting design and technology at it's most advanced; introducing the Cervelo S5 SRAM Red eTAP AXS Disc Road Bike. The choice of World Tour teams for the coming season, this is a race-ready machine that's incredibly stiff, aerodynamically superior and offers a supreme ride quality with stable and predictable handling. Stiffness and aerodynamics have been significantly improved over its predecessor, and the new stem concept is both performance and user oriented.
Specced out with SRAM's NEW Red eTAP AXS 12 Speed groupset.
The operation of the wireless 12-speed SRAM Red eTap AXS 2x Electronic Flat Mount HRD Groupset is customisable through the AXS app, and allows certain functions to be altered to suit user preference with Sequential or Compensating modes as well as giving useful information about battery state and maintenance suggestions.
Key to the 12-speed drivetrain is the Orbit chain management system, which allows SRAM to use just the one derailleur for all possible setups, whether using one front ring or two, gravel gearing or road racing gearing. The fluid damping of the rear derailleur controls the chain, even on poor roads, cobbles or gravel without the need for a stiff clutch style mechanism. The derailleur can even cope with a 33 tooth sprocket and a 10 tooth sprocket on the same cassette.
- TrueAero combines specific tube shapes, sizes and design features to improve aerodynamic flow
- Extended seat tube cutout to shield the leading edge of the rear wheel for reduced drag
- The material, shape and layup make for stable and predictable handling and efficient power transfer. There's a 13% increase in headtube (torsional) stiffness, and 25% increased stiffness at the bottom bracket
- BBright system - Utilising larger tubes in the seat tube, down tube and left-hand chainstay, stiffness and pedalling efficiency are increased while keeping weight to a minimum
- Top-of-the-line SRAM's NEW eTAP AXS 12 Speed groupset
- Modulated and powerful braking from SRAM RED eTap disc brakes
- Internal cable routing
- Reserve 50/65mm DT180 XDR Hubs, Tubeless Ready
- Clearance for tyres up to 28mm wide
- Fully adjustable bar and stem system: Handlebar stack range of 2.5mm, independent the of stem, pitch adjustment in two steps, to 2.5 degrees or 5 degrees / stem stack range of up to 30mm (in 5mm increments)
All bikes when purchased come with a free set up, custom bike fit with our Body Scanning CRM laser fitting module & a free service when collected in-store. For more information on deciding the best fit if you cannot make it to our retail outlet then please use the following Bike Sizing Guide.