Riding on a set of high-quality, low-weight wheels can see you conquering your next ride with ease, but how about a set that has the added impact of a patented cassette body that remains lighter than most, but still offers the versatility of compatibility with both Shimano/SRAM and Campagnolo? The Edco Optima Albis Wheelset 2017 hosts just this, and with its full carbon wheel construction that’s designed to take on long, testing climbs, you’ll be sure to take your performance to the next level.
At 50mm, the Edco Optima Albis' rim is deep enough to give a great aerodynamic profile, but shallow enough to give it the versatility you need, whether you're riding the lung testing climbs of the Pyrenees or the flat Sunday morning loop of your local circuit, the Edco Optima Albis Wheelset has you covered.
A whole new braking surface has also been incorporated by utilising an ILT surface which improves braking in the wet, giving greater control on huge descents and varying conditions. Adding to this, Edco have included a pair of Continental Grand Sport tyres and tubes that have been proven to increase grip, provide a low rolling resistant and enhance puncture protection and Edco’s aluminium quick releases.
The Edco Optima Albis Wheelset 2017 also comes with Edco’s patented MultiSys cassette body. This MultiSys cassette body increases the wheels versatility by using a revolutionary system to make wheelsets compatible with both Shimano/SRAM and Campagnolo systems.
As if this already stunning package was not enough, we also include -
- Continental Grand Sport 25mm Tyres and Tubes FREE OF CHARGE!!
- Front & Rear EDCO Carbon Brake Pads
- Weight – 1831g (Front 764g / Rear 1067g)
- Rim – 50mm U shaped profile, 25.5mm external width, 17mm internal width. Carbon composite construction with 3k full carbon rim bed and brake track.
- Spoke – Front 20, Rear 24 holes 16/8 Balanced spoke tension, Sapim Race db (Round black stainless steel)
- Nipple – S.I.L.S. – Polyax Internal Sapim Integrated Locking system, brass silver plated 14mm
- Front Hub – Edco SuperG black anodized with 2 radial stainless ball bearings
- Rear Hub – Edco SuperG black anodized with 2 radial stainless ball bearings
- Cassette – Multisys (body is compatible with Campa 10/11, Shimano 10/11 and SRAM)
- Quick Release – QR-OC Customized Edco aluminium handle ( Front 58g / Rear 61g )
- Sold as a pair