The Mavic Aksium Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2018 is a bombproof, entry-level disc wheelset, ideal for the rider looking to take a leap into adventure riding and wanting a sturdy and dependable pair of wheels on which to cover the ground quickly.
Optimised for disc braking and with a 21mm profile, these wheels offer a sturdy construction, including straight pull spokes and a full S6000 aluminium rim, enhanced in terms of weight efficiency by the reduced need to factor in braking surface considerations.
With an internal rim width of 17mm, these clincher wheels are able to take 25mm to 32mm tyres, making them an ideal training set for cross or general riding on harsher terrain.
Compatible with Shimano or SRAM 11 speeds, and convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies, this wheelset is shipped including BR101 quick releases, rim tape and a user manual, ensuring that you have just about everything you need to get onto the road.
- Disc-brake-optimised rim profile
- Wider rim allows a broad choice of tyre dimensions
- High-quality cartridge bearings
- QRM Rim
- Disc specific Straight pull round spokes which are stronger than J-bend options
- Rims: S6000 aluminium
- Internal rim width: 17 mm
- Spokes: steel
- 24 spokes on front and rear wheel
- Aluminium hubs with sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Front wheel hub width: 100mm
- Rear wheel hub width: 135mm
- Wheelset weight (without tyres): 2045 grams
- Front (without tyre): 940 grams
- Rear (without tyre): 1105 grams