Fast, rigid and light, Mavic present their high performing Ksyrium Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2018 at a great value. Composed with lightweight aluminium and machined with high end processes, this wheelset is suited to those looking for a speed advantage without compromised rideability.
Prepared to endure long journeys ride after ride, this wheelset has been manufactured from super light and durable S6000 aluminium. Utilising a SUP welding process with the Inter Spoke Milling (ISM) technique provides a lightweight rim without compromising its strength at excellent value. The 17mm wide design assures confident control in fast corners whilst reducing rolling resistance, perfect for hill climbs and sprints. Optimised around 25mm tyres, this aids in dampening out road vibrations for extra comfort and the ultimate rideability.
Straight pulled spokes work homogeneously with the isopulse lacing to increase the wheelset's overall integral strength and stiffness, proving to be an excellent construction for sharp and heavy braking loads presented by disc brakes, whilst assuring you of durable and powerful ride performances.
Featuring a FTS-L freewheel at the heart of the rear wheel enables quick successive accelerations. Constructed with sealed bearings for increased life-time durability, this freewheel utilises two reinforced stainless steel inserts between the pawl and hub body for optimal performance from the lightweight aluminium body, resulting in quicker transmissions and higher power output.
Equipped and ready to roll, the Ksyrium Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset has been prepped with Yksion Elite UST tubeless tyres, inviting you to make use of the tubeless capacity this wheelset presents, with benefits of improved comfort, traction and puncture resistance.
- Material: S6000 Aluminium
- Drilling: Traditional with H2 reinforcement
- Weight reduction: ISM
- Brake system: Centre lock disc
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and clincher
- Internal width: 17mm front and rear
- Height: 24mm front and rear
- ETRTO size: 622x17C road
- Spoke material: Steel, ABS
- Hole count: 24 front and rear
- Lacing: Crossed 2 front and rear
- Hub front and rear: Aluminium, sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Axle material: Steel
- Tyres: Yksion Elite UST tubeless ready
- Front and rear tread: Single compound
- Casing: 120 TPI
- Dimensions: 700x25c
- Freewheel compatibility: Shimano/SRAM or Campagnolo
- Front and rear axle: Quick release only
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32mm
- Weight (without tyres): Pair 1890 grams/ front 880 grams/ rear 1010 grams
- Tyre 700x25: 215 grams