The Garmin Edge 520 Cycle Computer is the first device with Strava live segment challenges. This aerodynamic GPS bike computer is packed with advanced analysis features like time in zone, cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time (when used with a power meter and heart rate monitor). It has a 2.3” high resolution colour display, providing great visibility in all lighting conditions, in a lightweight compact device. When paired with your compatible smartphone (Android 4.3 and above and iphone 4S and later) and the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app, Edge 520 offers live tracking, smartphone notifications (allowing you to receive text and call notifications while riding), social media sharing, weather updates and automatic wireless uploads. Once your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect™, Garmin’s online community where you can analyse post-ride stats, including cycling dynamics and save, plan and share your rides.
- Tracks time, distance, speed, ascent/descent and calories burned with advanced performance
- Offers in-ride challenges through live Strava segments
- Compatible with ANT+® sensors, including speed, cadence, heart rate, power meter and Di2
- Sync with Bluetooth for live tracking, automatic uploads, smart notifications, send/receive courses, social media sharing and weather updates
- Reports cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power meter and heart rate
- Includes heart rate monitor and speed/cadence sensor for time in zone heart rate and recovery advisor data
- With the latest software update, the Edge 520 offers incident detection capabilities. When an incident is detected by your Garmin Edge 520, this feature will automatically provide your emergency contacts with your current location via your compatible smartphone.